Collection: NC-Crafted Gear for the Ethical Consumer | Diamond Brand Gear
We’ve always held certain values close to our heart: from crafting gear ethically and sustainably and keeping manufacturing in the U.S. to giving back to the community and collaborating with our Western North Carolina neighbors. That’s why we’re thrilled to announce we’ve partnered with Collection. Collection is an assemblage of ethically crafted, sustainably produced, U.S.-made essentials. Every item in the Collection “is proudly manufactured in Western North Carolina by a network of mill owners, pattern makers, label producers, and suppliers” that put values, the environment and local manufacturing over profit.
Each of these businesses were carefully chosen, not only for their specific area of expertise, but for their commitment to sustainability. These companies each take careful steps not only to cut waste and use LEAN manufacturing, but also to employ their neighbors, set fair pay, value safe working conditions, and give their workers voice, agency, and equity. We, like our Collection partners, realize that sustainability means more than just adhering to environmental standards. It means meeting certain social and economic principles as well.
We’re excited to have contributed an original bag to the collection: the brand new Rucksack. Handcrafted in our factory here in Fletcher, NC, the Rucksack’s fabric, trim, and components are all made in the USA. The sole exceptions are the the ball cord lock and tension locks on the drawstring, which are ethically crafted in Vietnam.
The bag’s streamlined, practical design pays homage to the long tradition of backpacking in the Carolina mountains. Made of CORDURA® Nylon, the Rucksack is quick-drying and water-repellent. Bonus: it’s also resistant to fading, abrasion, rot, and mildew. Taking you from trail to town, the Rucksack is perfect for mountain adventures to everyday demands.
The Rucksack isn’t the only sleek, yet functional design you can find in Collection. Check out the other WNC-made products below:
- Carolina Henley – A Carolina take on a classic look. This 100% cotton shirt makes for an ultra-soft and lightweight feel. Best of all, the fabric was diverted from the landfill.
- Everyday Pouch – At 11″ wide and 7.5″ tall, this padded case is the perfect size for a tablet sleeve or a stylish clutch.
- Local Beanie – Bundling up doesn’t have to mean styling down. Made of 80% merino wool and 20% nylon, this beanie is carefully designed to give you just the right amount of slouch.
- Useful Tote – Get this: these fun totes are crafted using excess fabric from neighboring furniture factories—fabric that would otherwise have ended up in the landfill.
- Utility Poncho – Water resistant and highly packable, this hooded poncho is great for rainy game days and wet commutes.