What you will need, in addition to repair material:
- Scissors (must be heavy duty enough to cut through canvas),
- Iron, and
- A flat surface such as a piece of plywood that can be placed beneath the repair area during ironing.
- Clean the damaged area to make sure any area the patch is applied to is free of any loose dirt or debris for best adhesion.
- Cut material to size as needed. We recommend you cut the patch to have a minimum of 3″ beyond all sides of the damaged area.
- Remove the tent from the frame. Keeping the damaged area flat, iron the patch material over the affected area.
- Flip the tent over and repeat on the opposite side of the damaged area.