What you will need, in addition to repair material:
- Scissors (must be heavy duty enough to cut through canvas)
- A flat surface that can be placed beneath the repair area (we recommend a piece of plywood) during ironing
- Clean the damaged area to make sure any area the patch is applied to is free of any loose dirt or debris for best adhesion.
- Cut material to size as needed. We recommend you cut the patch to have a minimum of 3″ beyond all sides of the damaged area.
- Keeping the damaged area flat, iron the patch material over the affected area. Note: If the tent is on the frame, you will need another person on the other side of the damaged area to hold the flat surface against the area being ironed. If the tent is off the frame, the flat surface can be placed under the damaged area.
- Repeat on the opposite side of the damaged area.